Capture an image using Sunlight instead of a Camera – Cyanotype workshop
In this 3 hour workshop you will make your very own print using a historical photographic process called Cyanotype
- About this event
- Have you ever created a photograph without a camera?
- In this 3 hour workshop you will make your very own print using a historical photographic process called Cyanotype, and how to use Sunlight to create your print, so you can do it again in your backyard or on a balcony!
- You will learn:
- How to make cyanotypes
- About the light sensitive solution
- Supports & coating techniques
- You will create a print using:
- Natural materials
- Found objects
- Cyanotype materials and some objects will be supplied, but feel free to bring your own small, 2D or 3D (slim or flat) item (such as pieces of lace, fabric, string, a plant cutting, jewellery) to use in your composition.
- Your facilitator: Dr Renata Buziak, photomedia artist, researcher and educator. Her photographic research is based in plant life, and she has a PhD in Visual Art from Queensland College of Art, Griffith University.
- Renata's art has been displayed in solo and group exhibitions, nationally and internationally. She has received several awards, and her work features on ABC TV Gardening Australia, in private and public collections and currently at the Binna Burra Tea House.
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT OUR SALES, EVENTS & ACTIVITIES!