Current Open Positions:
Location: Binna Burra Lodge
Work Type: Enquire for more info
About the business
Binna Burra is an authentic heritage listed lodge offering a genuine Australian experience in nature. The lodge has been welcoming guests since the early 1930's and still retains its original charm and character.
Positioned 800 metres above sea-level amongst the sub-tropical Rainforest of Lamington National Park in the Gold Coast Hinterlands, Binna Burra is centre stage to some of Australia's most spectacular natural features.
About the role
The Chef / Cook position will be required to prepare and serve exceptional quality food through this iconic and historic venue. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of local produce and contribute to the rebuilding and recovery process of Binna Burra Lodge. Evening and weekend work is essential.
Benefits and perks
Some of the benefits you will enjoy with this position;
- Great work/life balance with flexible hours
- Being able to work in a unique area and iconic Australian business
Skills and experience
Cooks required skills and experience;
- Skilled in preparing food for cooking and adding appropriate seasoning
- Strongly familiar with different types of meats and vegetables and their cooking times
- Highly experienced in performing food quality inspections to ensure that all food items conform to hygiene standards
- Well-honed artistic skills aimed at arranging and presenting food in a manner pleasing to the eye
- Solid know-how of preparing different types of meats for boiling, frying and steaming
- Competent at mixing the right amount of ingredients according to weight and type
- Special talent for preparing different types of cuisines, relishes, and salads
- Track record of following best hygiene and sanitation practices aimed at providing quality food services
- Absolute flexibility aimed at trying and testing new recipes to add new items to existing menus
- Committed to maintaining a clean kitchen and work area
Binna Burra Kitchen @ Headmasters Cafe is located in the Gold Coast Hinterland and is a 30 min drive from Nerang, 60 mins from Surfers Paradise, and 90 mins from Brisbane, through scenic Beechmont. Free on-site parking is available for all employees. No public transport.
Would you like to apply? Please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our friendly team
The Binna Burra team is the heart of all our operations, and a key reason that our guests choose to return year after year.
If you are interested in joining the friendly team at Binna Burra Lodge then we'd love to hear from you. Please send your resume resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.