Clay in Nature – Handbuilding Pottery Workshop with Lucy Schluter
Enjoy the restorative benefits of creating with clay at Binna Burra Lucy Schluter, Whipbird Pottery
- About this event
- You will be guided through handbuilding techniques to create a pottery breakfast set (a mug and bowl). Your handmade pieces will be fired and glazed for you and available for collection approximately 4 weeks after the workshop. Cost includes all materials and the glazing and firing of your handmade pieces.
- You will learn:
- handbuilding techniques to work the clay into a formed piece
- You will create:
- your own unique, handmade mug and bowl to enjoy at home
- Supplies: Bring Apron or towel. Clay and tools will be supplied.
- Your Facilitator: Lucy Schluter is a local potter who finds inspiration in the colours and vast landscapes of the Scenic Rim. Lucy’s grandmother, Marjorie Groom, was a potter at Binna Burra and it was through Marjorie that Lucy was first introduced to pottery.
- Instagram: @whipbirdpottery
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT OUR SALES, EVENTS & ACTIVITIES!