A Journey with the Camera | Photography Workshop | Joachim Froese
This event has passed.
October 7, 2023 - October 8, 2023
This event has passed.
- Experience the breathtaking beauty of Binna Burra Lodge alongside renowned photographer Joachim Froese during this photography workshop
- Immerse yourself into the stunning landscape of Lamington National Park and learn how to translate your own personal views into powerful photographs. In this workshop will look at the use of different lenses, explore broad vistas and macro photography of small details, explore available light in the rainforest, and develop powerful tools in post production to enhance your photographs. At the end of a captivating weekend, you will have gained vital new skills in photography and a better understanding of a unique part of the amazing Australian environment.
- Supplies to bring: Participants need to bring their own camera equipment and solid footwear, a DSLR or similar camera is recommended and, if you have, bring a tripod and spare lenses. Joachim is an experienced educator and will adjust his personal tuition to individual skill levels, catering for beginners who want to work out the use of their cameras as well as advanced photographers who come to improve their camera skills
- Objectives of this workshop:
- To teach participants vital new skills in photography
- To guide participants translate their own personal views into powerful photographs.
- To provide participants with a better understanding of the unique environment that makes up Lamington National Park.
- Your facilitator:
- Joachim Froese is an internationally recognized photographer and educator. He has shown his work in major exhibitions in Australia, Europe, Asia and North America and his work is held in public collections, including the National Gallery of Australia. He has taught photography at universities In Australia and Germany and has conducted workshops for schools and community events for more than 20 years. In 2017 he was awarded a PhD from RMIT that investigated photography’s capacity to describe human views of nature.
- Website : www.joachimfroese.com | Instagram : @joachimfroese
- How this fits into our Art. Nature. Science. Program :
- This workshop teaches participants vital skills in creative photography. Beyond that it aims to develop a deeper understanding of the environment of Lamington National Park, the value this country holds for its indigenous custodians, its unique place in the Australian environment, and the threats it faces in the Anthropocene Age.
- Tickets and occupants:
- Minimum six participants - Maximum ten
- Tickets $350 per person
- Accommodation deals for photography workshop participants - view the event page for info
- PURCHASE TICKETS HERE