What is it?
A colourful, detailed guidebook packed with hundreds of shorter, easier, more accessible family-friendly bushwalks throughout South East Queensland.
The First Edition sold out its print run of 2,500 copies during 2016, making the book a local bestseller. We are now supplying the Second Edition with an added Toowoomba chapter.
This book is an ideal gift for the outdoorsy person in your life!
How is this book different from the other bushwalking guides?
- It covers every qualifying bushwalk in the region
- It’s bang up to date
- It only covers easier, shorter bushwalks, no ropes required
- It only covers easily accessible bushwalks, you don’t need a 4WD
- Every bushwalk is illustrated with a brand new detailed topographic map
- It has a family orientation – you don’t need to be a serious hiker to enjoy it
- We walked (or cycled) every metre of these trails during our research
What area does it cover?
- North to Noosa and Kin Kin
- South to the border
- West to Toowoomba in the Second Edition
- East to North Stradbroke Island
Does the book have bushwalks near me?
The Second Edition has an added Toowoomba Region chapter and a couple of bushwalks added in the Somerset Region:
Who will enjoy the book?
- Families looking for adventure and exercise
- Bushwalkers looking for shorter, easier trails
- Birdwatchers, naturalists
- Trail runners (see our Mountain Bike book for longer trails)
- Schools, Scouts, Guides
What trails are in the book?
Our criteria for selecting bushwalks are:
- Well-formed trails, not bush-bashing routes
- Most are designed, built and maintained as recreational trails
- Not too steep, rugged or rough
- Not too long
- Reasonably accessible – 4WD or ferry generally not required